WebGL Earth is an open source software enabling visualization of maps, satellite imagery and aerial photography on top of a virtual terrain. You can use the online globe together with your own data in any browser on any platform including mobile devices. The project is sustained through the support and cooperation of the developer community.
The project is a free software available under standard Apache 2.0 license.
It is calling internally the great rendering CesiumJS engine.
We welcome anybody to contribute or just send feedback on the development of this project.
- Rotation and zoom of the globe, tilt of the camera, free movement in space
- Runs without a plugin in modern webbrowsers
- Displays existing maps (OpenStreetMap, Bing, ...)
- Supports custom map tiles for the Earth or other planets
- A web browser with support for HTML5 Canvas and WebGL extension (Firefox4, Chrome 9+, ... mobile devices iPhone / iPad / Android later on)